Lallemand Danstar – London ESB
London ESB yeast was selected from the Lallemand yeast culture library towards
producing a range of English-style ales exhibiting clean, well-balanced aromatic
profiles with moderate alcohol production. London ESB offers the right fermentation
and aromatic profiles suitable for Extra Special Bitter styles as well as Pale Ale,
bitter and other traditional English beers.
* Classified as Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
* A top fermenting yeast.
* The typical analysis of London ESB active dry yeast: Percent solids 93%-95% Living yeast cells 5 x 109 per gram of dry yeast
Wild yeast < 1 per 106 yeast cells Bacteria < 1 per 106 yeast cells*
* Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests.
*According to ASBC and EBC methods of analysis.
* London ESB yeast is best used at a fermentation temperature range of 18-22C (65-72F).
Fermentation is generally completed in 3-5 days dependent on recipe and process conditions.
* Attenuation range 65-75%
* Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent upon inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.
* Produces a clean, well balanced ale. Medium attenuation preserves some beer complexity.
Best for well-balanced British style ales.